Frequently Asked Questions
- What site resolutions is Truli built for?
- How do I search for spoken words inside a video?
- Do you provide a filter so my kids can't see programs or sermons dealing with adult and sensitive matters?
- How do I unsubscribe from emails from Truli?
- How do I get Truli to play properly on my computer?
- Can I block ministries who's message or philosophy I don't agree with or find objectionable?
- Why can’t I find a particular band or song on Truli?
- Can I use Truli as part of my home-church service or Bible study?
- How do I manage my personal settings?
- Who can read my user comments?
- How do I report a complaint about a video or user comment?
- Can I get a transcription of a sermon?
- What devices is Truli available on?
- Where does the DONATE button money go?
- How do I find a particular church or pastor?
- Why do I need to sign up?
- How do I report a problem?
- Can I watch Truli from anywhere?
- Is Truli free?
Our site will autosize based on the device you have. We've built it to automatically resize to the following:
- 1200 Pixels
- 960 Pixels
- 720 Pixels
- Mobile Size
Truli has implemented a very unique feature. You may search for specific words inside a sermon or other video. You will see a search box at the bottom of the player window. Simply type in a word you want to search for and our powerful search technology will find the words inside the video. A blue Heat Map will display at the bottom of the video, your words will appear when there is red on the heat map. You may click and hold your mouse and drag around to place the cursor exactly where you want to be in order to listen to the words you are looking for.
Note: The technology only works with our Flash player on video's played on a computer. It is not yet availble on our mobile and table experiences.
Excellent question. We will soon have ways to search for content based on maturity level but right now you will need to monitor your children’s viewing habits.
You can opt in or out of emails in your account settings, or via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.
At the present time, Truli supports both Flash and HTML 5 video. We do require you have a modern browser. We test on IE9, and the current versions of FireFox, Chrome, and Safari. If you are having trouble viewing the website properly, please upgrade to a modern browser.
You can certainly add ministries that you enjoy to your FAVORITES list but you cannot block specific ministries. You can also try our Advanced Search function and omit specific returns by typing a – before a specific ministry name.
Not all music is available on Truli. We strive to find the best and most inspirational independent music producers for our music library. We do not have commercial music in our library at this time.
Absolutely! We are currently building useful tools that will make Truli integrate into your gatherings.
At any time you can adjust your profile and setting by accessing your account through the Edit My Account and Edit Profile items at the top right of the screen. Note, you must be logged in to access thes items.
All Truli members and our contributing ministries can view public comments and Truli forums. If you choose to use some of the social functions, members and/or viewers of your social networks can view your comments as well. Soon we will have more advanced peer-to-peer functions that will facilitate private conversations.
Please understand that individual faith is a very personal issue for all of us. We strive to provide content that is biblically sound. We try encourage user comments that are beneficial and enlightening. Details in issues of faith vary from community to community. Please always practice understanding and tolerance of other peoples’ personal beliefs. Our inter-denominational structure will almost certainly produce some sort of debate but we will attempt to keep such differences of opinion out of the public posts. But please report any abuse or disregard of our user policy guidelines to email@example.com.
Right now the only way to get a transcript is to contact the ministry directly and see if a transcript is available.
Right now Truli is available on any PC (Windows, Mac, Linux) and any connected device that can load a website. If you have a tablet computer you will need to browse to www.truli.net in order to view content. We are currently working on dedicated apps for the following devices and hope to have them completed by the end of the summer 2012: iOS, (iPhone, ITouch, iPad), Android (phones & tablets), Windows 7 Phone, Roku, and Google TV. We will explore other devices such as xBox and Apple TV in the fall 2012.
All donations except a tiny amount to cover administrative costs, goes directly to that ministry at regular intervals.
You can either type the church or pastors name into the general search field or click the ministries or pastors button to see a list of all of our contributors
You will not only have access to all of Truli’s sermons, entertainment and music but you will also be able to share and socialize with friends. You can leave comments and messages of encouragement for the various ministries and organizations as well as other Truli members. Additionally, you can bookmark and favorite your content which will not only be remembered on your PC, but also on Truli supported connected devices such as iOS, Android, and Windows 7 devices, Roku, and Google TV as the become released.
Yes. Truli content is accessible from anywhere in the world. We do not have any geographic restrictions.
Yes! Truli is free to content partners and users. Advertisements on Truli support our efforts so PLEASE support our advertisers. We will also ask that you so sign up for an account at no charge so we can build our user base.
Content Partners (3)
Truli is unlike anything offered for the Christian community today. At NO cost to you, Truli opens the door to a wide variety of Christian entertainment, spiritual insights and educational content, including sermons, music, concerts, movies, comedy and Internet/TV programs (streamed live and on demand) – all within an online community brought together by a shared belief.
- Imagine saying to your congregation: “the sermon you have just heard will be available on Truli, as is our entire library of sermons, worship services and everything else we have recorded.
- Imagine expanding your ministry’s reach throughout the nation and the world.
- Imagine having access to cutting edge multi‐media and social networking technology without cost.
- Imagine increasing donations
- Imagine increased ecommerce sales for your ministry.
Real Time Streaming and Instant Access to Archived Content
- Truli provides ministries with free distribution and content management for sermons, worship services, youth camp series, etc.
- Truli offers unlimited archiving of your content and programs.
- Truli offers real time streaming of sermons, worship services, youth camps and town hall forums.
- Truli makes your programs and content available anytime, anywhere and on any device.
- Truli actively promotes your ministry, programs and content through social media.
- Truli expands your ministry’s reach beyond your immediate community and offers it to the world.
- Truli makes your content easy to find through intuitive search functions, peer recommendations, links such as word tags, contextual links and cross promotion.
- Truli offers viewers the ability to easily share your content with friends, family and anyone else via social media like Facebook, Twitter and other leading platforms.
Increased Interaction & Dialogue between Ministries and their Followers
- Truli provides a platform for multi‐directional interaction between ministries and ministry followers.
- Truli provides content viewers/listeners an opportunity to interact directly with your ministry as well as others who are following your ministry. You can respond in real time or at your convenience.
- Truli users can offer comments, ask questions, request more information, share needs, volunteer services, offer testimony and offer “amens” (a unique means of reinforcing your ministry’s message).
- Truli provides ministries with direct feedback on viewer’s reactions and interaction with their content.
Increased Donations, Sales and Revenue Sharing
- Truli provides ministries with a wider audience from which to gain financial support; donations can be made to your ministry as a direct response by the viewer/listener.
- Truli offers and extends ministries’ ecommerce with the ability to offer items for sale, such as ministry/pastors’ books, tapes, teaching series, etc. to an extended audience.
- Truli will provide a visible “Donate Now” button for ministries, providing viewers with an opportunity to contribute to ministries.
Ease of Use
- Truli provides simple management tools.
- Truli provides a simple upload interface and content submission page.
- Truli provides ministries with their own profile pages to showcase your ministry, pastor(s) and leaders with bios, pictures, descriptions, web links, Facebook connections and more – all of which can be revised or updated as often as you wish.
We need the largest version 1180x377. From there we will scale down the image for versions for tablet and mobile devices.
If you would like to add your church or ministry's content to Truli, please click the Ministries link in the footer of this site. It will provide you with a form to be completed. We'll call you. There is no "instant certification" with Truli. The process will typically take 24-48 hours. If timing is important, just let us know. If you apply during business hours we can work to get you approved same day.
Truli has a number of innovations including interaction with a wide social network of Christians, on demand access to your favorite program, ministries, movies and music. In addition, all content is taggable and you can clip whatever you want to share with others on your other social networks.
By signing up now for pre-release access to Truli, you can give direct feedback on how to make Truli the best it can be. You’ll also have early access to content such as music and sermons as they are being added to Truli. You can then provide feedback on the experience, layout, and anything else you see making Truli even better before public launch. You can be an innovator in the Truli community.
Truli is a social network and content distribution platform. Truli is not a ministry nor affiliated with any ministry. Truli itself is positioned as a trusted, secure and interactive online community brought together by a shared belief. This shared belief will be expressed by the Truli community.
The inspiration for the name Truli comes from the Bible. While searching for a company name, we noted that some of the most profound statements in the bible contained the words Truth, True andTruly. We also noted that many of Jesus’ most profound statements started with the words "Truly, Truly, I say unto you...." Thus, we became Truli Media Group. It’s a multigenerational name. It’s from and for many perspectives across the Christian faith. It speaks to the truth spoken by Jesus in the Bible. For example:
- Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen...” (John 3:11)
- But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him.” (1 John 2:5)
Truli is unlike anything offered for the Christian community today. Truli opens the door to a wide variety of Christian entertainment, spiritual insights and educational content, including music, concerts, movies, sermons, comedy and internet/TV programs – all within a trusted, secure and interactive online community brought together by a shared belief.